Applying to AMSE is an easy, two-step process. You just need to fill out the online application and submit additional documents by mail. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us and a staff member will get back to you soon.
The online application will be open from August 1 – October 31, 2019. A $55 application fee will apply and must be paid online.
To complete your application, you will need to submit application documents by mail. Application documents are accepted from August 1 – November 15, 2019. You can view these required documents and mailing address below, or download our Application Checklist.
Starting August 1, 2019 you may submit your additional documents to the address provided below. You must complete this step in addition to submitting your online application by the deadline. All additional documents must be in the mail by November 15, 2019:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (translated into English if necessary)
- Personal statement of no more than 2,000 words
- Resume demonstrating experience in the technology field (preferred)
In addition to the documents above, international students applying to the program will need to submit the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS score: A minimum score of 550 (paper) or 80 (iBT); or 6.5 Academic IELTS or 58 PTE is required. You can qualify for a TOEFL waiver; view waiver requirements on the TOEFL Scores PDF .
- International Student Financial Affidavit of Support accompanied by a bank statement showing a minimum balance of $45,502.
- Students sponsored by an international organization or home government agency must also include a letter of scholarship support specifying CSUF and your proposed degree and program of study.
Please mail all documentation to:
ATTN: Veronica Martinez
California State University, Fullerton
2600 Nutwood Avenue, Suite 950, Fullerton, CA 92831 USA
Program at a glance
Area of study: Comprehension of software standards; implementation and management of software process; assessment/appraisal of software process; management of legal and ethical issues; collaboration and teamwork; critical thinking and problem solving, research and communication
Number of courses:10 courses (30 units)
Program Length: 17 months
Cost: $2,500 per course ($25,000 for program), plus mandatory campus fees
Ideal for: Those looking to enter or advance in the software engineering field; the program also prepares students for management roles or advanced study as a researcher
Program Format: On campus (Fullerton, California)
“The skills I learned directly led to my promotion, managing all aspects of my company’s IT transition, and they keep promoting me with additional responsibilities and more compensation.”
- Levi Martin, AMSE alum
What’s your next step?
View our upcoming webinars schedule or join the AMSE email list. By joining the list you will also receive program and application updates.
Learn more about whether an advanced degree in software engineering is right for you at an upcoming webinar.